Why limit your patio and deck activities to grilling when you could add a fantastic outdoor entertainment system?
There’s a new generation of all-weather outdoor TVs and speakers that will turn your backyard, deck or patio into an unforgettable entertainment destination.
Bring Indoor Style Outdoors
Instead of getting limited use from a deck or patio, you can bring all your indoor comforts outside. It’s easy to create an outdoor living room that has it all: furniture, seating, lighting, rugs, grill and a fabulous weatherproof entertainment system.
Some outdoor havens even include amenities like an outdoor kitchen and fireplace, sophisticated lighting, a hot tub and more.
Plan Your Outdoor Space
You can find hundreds of idea-starters on Pinterest and Better Homes & Gardens. Some of the most popular outdoor arrangements are all-inclusive spaces that let you grill, watch sporting events, listen to music and much more.
If you have a backyard garden, you can add landscape speakers that blend with the natural surroundings. Some people even create “show sheds” in the backyard that let them enjoy music and movies in distinctive sheds that can be customized to honor a favorite sports team or rock band.
Some tips and FAQs about preparing your outdoor entertainment space:
- If you have an enclosed deck or patio, will you be entertaining year-round?
- Spruce up your backyard before beginning. Trim your trees and bushes to improve sight lines.
- Assess the current condition of your patio or deck. Are there repairs that need to be made before installing an elaborate outdoor entertainment system?
- Do you have enough space to consider creating an outdoor living room – or is your available space too limited for that?
- Do you want an overall theme for the outdoor entertainment space? (e.g., sports, rock & roll)
- If you have a backyard garden, will it complement the outdoor entertainment system? Should you add landscape speakers in the garden?
- To minimize glare, install the flat-screen TV facing north if possible.
- Determine whether the TV will be viewed on the deck or patio only – or whether it should be large enough to be seen throughout the backyard.
- Similarly, determine whether the audio will be enjoyed primarily on the deck or patio – or whether you want immersive sound across the entire backyard.
- Have you considered special lighting for the patio, deck or backyard? (e.g., landscape lighting, accent lighting for the patio, lanterns, etc.)
Choose Products That Stand Up To Sun and Rain
Ten years ago, it would have been difficult to create an outdoor entertainment system to rival what was possible indoors. But thanks to the latest advances in weatherproofing and component camouflage, you can enjoy an extraordinary outdoor system.
Many all-weather flat-screen TVs are triple-sealed so they can operate safely right next to your hot tub or pool. The components are both waterproof and freeze-proof. Plus there are many landscape speakers designed to look like rocks so they blend in beautifully in any backyard.
How To Choose An Outdoor-Rated TV
It’s important to remember that you can void the warranty of a standard indoor TV if you install it outside. Outdoor-rated TVs have all-weather exteriors that protect internal components from rain and sun. You’ll want to choose a model that features non-glare LED technology for excellent outdoor viewing, even on sunny days.
We Offer The Latest From These High-End Brands:
Séura makes high-end flat-screen TVs for both shady and sunny outdoor environments. The Shade Series is designed for covered decks and patios, while the Ultra Bright Series provides an impressively clear picture even in bright sunlight.
Martin Logan landscape speakers have a faux-stone finish that your guests could easily mistake for a backyard rock. They feature stainless steel grills to protect against water and UV rays.
Klipsch high-performance rock speakers also blend with backyard surroundings – and feature a woofer and tweeter rivaling any indoor speaker today.
Sonance Patio Series all-weather speakers offer a subtle, immersive sound experience. Sonance also makes “mariner” speakers that are specially waterproofed for either boats or backyards.
Bowers & Wilkins makes a rugged line of rainproof/sunproof outdoor speakers.
Get Expert Help From SCS
Creating an amazing outdoor entertainment system is more complicated than installing an indoor one. You’ll need professional help – and SCS has been Southwest Missouri’s #1 resource in home entertainment for more than 25 years.
Call us today or drop by our showroom to discover how you can bring the finest indoor technologies to your outdoor space this year!